Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Singing in the Rain...

The rainy season in Korea hasn't ended yet ...so I woke up to rain. But it's still quite warm. Actually, the weather in Seoul has been unusually nice ....obviously God's grace and blessing!!

Last Sunday I went to church with my Aunt, who lives a good hour away (at best) and I heard a great sermon on how the Lord is present everywhere ...pretty appropriate for me considering I was still adjusting to the newness of life in Seoul. I was actually starting to have a hard time by Sunday ...I wasn't feeling well and I think I had a touch of homesickness...it was really really strange. I never get homesick. Nevertheless, I have passed that point now. Haha...

I finally organized my apartment ...I had clothes and suitcases everywhere and it drive me up the WALL. So I was convicted at 2 a.m. to get a move on, and I did. I put all my clothes away and now my place is much easier to look at. I just need to find a few organizational drawers and such ...

Yesterday was orientation and we finally met the Hawaii students. There weren't very many of them! One was much older ...he's already married and is also working on a Ph.D and there were four others. Apparently a few didn't come because of financial reasons and a few were missing because of illness or other reasons. So we're a small group ....14 total but we'll only be taking classes with 12. And we'll be split up into three groups for some classes.

In the evening, my mentor from last quarter was in Seoul, so her other former mentees and I went to have Shabu Shabu. You start with veggies and thin slices of meat, followed by udon noodles, and then finally they mix rice and veggies at the end. Sounds like a lot of food? It was...and it was goooood. Afterwards, we found this ALL green tea dessert place (I was so happy ..i love green tea flavor everything. yay!!!). I finally started taking pictures so I'll post those soon.

I have my placement test tomorrow and then I will be church hunting this Sunday. Please pray for me to have wisdom in which church to go to and what language I should choose for ministry. When I went to church on Sunday I understood 90% of the sermon so I was pretty satisfied with hearing the sermon in Korean, but I'm still not sure ....we'll see.

Time to shower and head out for the day! I gotta make a bank account ...finally!