Friday, August 3, 2007

E.R., Humidity, Cornell Reunion and Japan

I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I've honestly been so busy! :P

So first, the E.R. I know it's expected that life is pebbled with many "firsts," but I honestly expected that I would get through life without having to ever go to the E.R. for myself. But, as it often turns out, life doesn't play by my rules. I went to the E.R. for the first time ever here in Seoul. Here is a short rendition of my story:

Late at night I was adjusting the head of my fan so that it would blow the wind a little higher up when I heard a crunching sound, followed by many crunching sounds. I was a little freaked out by the sound, so I stepped back and then I turned off the fan once the noise subsided. I was a little upset at the thought that my fan might be broken, but then I realized I had a bigger problem. My RIGHT hand was dripping with blood!! It turns out one of the pieces gashed my hand as it flew out, resulting in a deep laceration. It was so deep that those little fat balls in the lowest level of your dermis came out ...it was so gross. I got five stitches and I'm still recovering. Luckily some friends live nearby and they took me to the ER. My teacher also came and stayed with me and my friends until I was done. I got home at around 2:30 a.m.

Crazy, huh?

Just a short passage on the humidity - um yeah it's pretty unbearable and I can't believe people live this way. I LOVE LA!!! It's SO hot here .....

Today was our last day of classes for the summer program, so our professors made us split into groups, go visit a museum and then do a presentation on what we learned/saw (in Korean, of course). Afterwards, they took us out to eat the bbq pork thing (sam gyub sal) and then they took us out to a Karaoke place. Nice of them huh? It's so weird "hanging out" with your teachers. haha ..~Now that my summer program is over, I am going to travel to Japan with a friend to see Tokyo, Kyoto and possibly Osaka. We'll be there for 9 days or so. :)

On the church front, I'm still going to try out a few more churches before I make a decision. Overall thought, the EM's here are not too promising. : /

Oh, and last Wednesday, Lynda, Taewoo, John Lee, Christina Sohn and I got to together for a yummy dinner and coffee/dessert as our mini Cornell reunion in Seoul. Good times~!!